CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 20, 2008

My Old Faithful Kodak Easyshare CX4300
She is a good old camera. Bought her when a 3.2 MP camera was a top of the line digital camera. (I know that was all of about 8 years ago or so, LOL!) I wasn't so sure about all of this crazy digital technology and all. I actually had her almost a year and didn't take but a handful of pictures with her. I started to warm up to her after taking her to a few concerts. BonJovi was were we cemented our relationship and I was hooked. He worst feature is that awful on/off slide switch on the front. I can't tell you what exactly it is about it, but for a while it didn't work quite right, but after a few threats and such she her act together and started doing what she was supposed to do.
She's been through quite a bit. I have dropped her more than once. The evidence of that can be seen by the broken door where the memory card goes and also by the scotch tape that it takes to keep the battery door shut. I thought she was going to die after some Medstar landing dust got into the lens. She eats batteries like nobody's business.
Here is the other sad feature of this nearly ancient camera. How is that for an LCD display, a whopping 1.5 inches. Another quality of the early digital camera that drove me nuts, but I learned to accomodate it was the shutter delay. Boy does she have some delay, but we got used to it! It also only had digital zoom, 2X, but I have to tell you that I love this camera and I went back and forth over whether or not I was going to replace her anytime soon.
*******
She has taken pictures of brand new babies, weddings, first days of kindergarten, graduations, bikes, flowers, my hand when it was hurt, birthdays, dances, proms, homecomings, headstones, car accidents, my cakes, my cards and scrapbook pages, concerts, amusement parks, Medstar landings, firetrucks, parades, festivals, holidays, and so much more. She fits so nicely in my purse and has gone nearly everywhere with me. I think Kenny tells people that I don't go to the bathroom without my camera. (Really that isn't true, but I do have a few potty photos... there is nothing funnier than trying to pee while trying to keep a wedding gown out of a toilet.)
*******
So, here is the point I am getting at. It was time. I took the plunge once again to buy a camera. So she will be spending her days now, most likely in the glove box of the car ready for when she is needed. DH wants to be able to take pictures of the deer he sees on his way home from work in the mornings.
*******
She has been replaced by newer, faster, bigger and maybe better, that remains to be seen. I am certainly brand loyal in regard to digital cameras, with DH's blessing I bought a Kodak Easyshare Z812 IS. I don't think I love her like the old girl, but time will tell.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved the story about your camera! boy, she has really gotten around! i am sure you will like your new one, too.......i looooove mine, a Kodak Easyshare Z650.happy picture-taking!!........BS2