CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 11, 2009

Do You Remember...

I imagine that 9-11-2001 will be the equivalent to the JFK assassination to my generation. Do you remember where you were, what you were doing when the attacks happened?
*******
I was just waking up... getting ready for work. Had the TV on in the living room, the Today show was on. They were showing video of the World Trade Centers. The scanner was making noise in the background... Kenny was still sleeping... I heard on the scanner about Shanksville, hollered upstairs for Ken to wake up because I figured they would be called to assist. Up and out the door he went... I waited... I watched the TV... I called into work... told them I would come in as soon as he got home, they told me not to come at all, since the store was nearly dead quiet. I watched and waited... fielded some phone calls from out of town family who were concerned about our family, so close to Shanksville.
*******
Much later that day Kenny came home. All he could say was, you wouldn't believe it. There was nothing we could do. It was horrible.
*******
I remember thinking who did this? why? what now? Some questions answered, some not.
*******
What I know now is that it is important to make your family number one. It is important to show them you love them and care about them. It is important to be a good citizen, an honest person. It is important to keep our troops in our prayers and thank them for all that they do to keep us safe. I know that the world as we knew it changed that day.
*******
God Bless the USA.

1 comments:

Jody said...

Chicksa, I will always remember how I felt the first time you took me to Shanksville. It was SO powerful. It begins my family's scrapbook. My prayers are with the families who lost a loved one that fateful day and I say a special prayer for Kenny too. May God lay His healing hands upon your hearts.